Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Alert the press! Summer has come and gone!

It's a miracle!  Hallelujah, I blogged!  Well, if you haven't seen the kids since the last post I did, be prepared to see them grow right before your eyes!  I can't believe my "babies" are so grown up! 

Well we had the most amazingly fun summer of our lives! We lived it up! We knew we would be leaving wonderful Zion and all our friends and family soon, so we made the most of it! We need to always be in that frame of mind and take advantage and make the most of all that we can! To give you the short and long of it, . . .


April - we went to California again for Bryson's Birthday. We went to Sea World, the SD Zoo, Disney and California Adventures. We visited with Bryan's sisters family, the Stocks. They were wonderful hosts as always. We had the time of our lives, we would live at Disneyland if we could!






- Bryan and I went to Wicked in SL. He suprised me with tickets for Christmas. So I had to wait awhile to get my present, but it was as completly amazing as everyone says! I loved it and want to see it again!

- I got Lasik surgery. My very own little(big) miracle! It was as smooth and painless as possible and I can't believe some people just naturally have eyesight like this!


-Bryson started T-ball. He was awesome. He pretty much need his very own coach to stand right next to him so he wouldn't run all over the field. It didn't matter where he was standing, he would always run to get the ball, little ball hog!

















May - Mother's Day and my b-day.

-Ran my very first race ever! The 5k at Thanksgiving point with lots of friends from the neighborhood. It was very fun and exhilerating.
















-Went to Zion National Park. I can't believe we had never been here before!? We did all the nice little hikes that we could do with the kids. We decided that we will have Bryson baptized in the Upper Pond when he is 8, so start training!;) It was so beautiful and so great to be doing something active and fun as a family! Great little trip!


-Came out to Connecticut on our way to GA to visit the school and check out the area. We had a very positive experience and knew that this is where we should be!

June - Our annual trip to St. Simons, GA with Zions. This was our third year going and it was just as amazing and relaxing as ever! The weather was perfect, got a lovely tan that is beginning to fade now with this Fall weather. Ran on the beach in the mornings, browsed at all the quaint main street shops, ate the best food, layed out by the pool/beach, and swam in the ocean. And didn't run out of gas this time! Perfect!


- Hiked Mt. Timpinogos Cave. Nice workout with the kids, although just a little bit scary with the cliffs being so close and so high! It was breathtaking in the caves! That is true art! Again, can't believe we had never been there either?!


- Fun Bee's game in the Zion's box. This is the best way to watch sports! With lots of free food!


-Fun girls/family camping trip at the Forks!

-Fun boating day at Bear Lake.























July - 2nd run ever, the 10K at the Provo Freedom Fest. Felt a little like I was going to die, after being not prepared from camping and Bear Lake the week before. Not to mention it was way too early! Why do they always make races so early!? But I'm glad I did it! It was a great motivator and I need to find another one to get my butt in gear again!



-Fun Family 4th in Logan and the Hyrum Parade! Can't break tradition!








































-Fun Ottley family time and Lagoon. We hadn't been to Lagoon in years and it was so much fun! The kids loved it too! Wicked seriously is "wicked"!






-Trip to the Cabin in Bear Lake. Serious fun! Lots of Boating, beach, sun, food, fun, family! What could be better? We also went to Minnitonka Cave. I had been there before. Really cool, but Timp beats it I think.



-The Zoo. Always love this place.

-24th of July, Logan parade, willow park, fabric shopping, camping! Oh my!


-Sister's and nieces and nephew sleep over. Swimming, Kangaroo Zoo, food, movies, sewing. Lots of fun!

- Knowles Family Reunion.


August - Oquirrah Mtn. Temple open house. It was fun to be able to take the kids to see the temple. But they were a little crazy and couldn't be reverant for that long.


- Our 7th Anniversary was spent packing! Whoo Hoooo! Oh we did manage to have dinner at the local mexi restaraunt that night with the fam.

- Boating on Huntington Lake(pond) with Bryan's sister's family, the Cowley's. So much fun, Bryson asks almost daily for a jet ski now.



-Finishing Life in Utah - Bryan's last day at work, garage sale, lots of girls nights out, packing, last family time with Mathews' and Ottley's.






-DRIVING, DRIVING, DRIVING - I never EVER want to do this again! Thank goodness for my mom who rode out with me though, or the kids and I might have not come out alive!

- Starting Life in Connecticut. House hunting, UNpacking, figuring out the lay of the land, Bryan's first day of school, Mystic with my mom, sending my mom home:(


Add in lots of swimming, water days, playdates, running, girls workouts, friends, family, and FUN! See we did have the best summer EVER!!!


Ok now that we're all caught up on the summer, from here on out I'll try not to just post one liners about all the fun goings on in our lives, cause you know there's lots! And I've recommited myself to become a "good" blogger. NOT the best, grandest, greatest blogger you've ever seen, just "good". I refuse to become guilt ridden for not blogging! I've felt that way for long enough, but oh well I'm getting over it! Soooo . . . Let the games begin!





I'm like a new blogger again, so please leave me your blog links or invites if you're private.  I want to keep up with everyone!

12 comments:

  1. I seriously about fell off my chair when I opened my blog and your name was at the top!! HOLY COW! Im so glad!! You did have a fun summer. Your kids are adorable and you look amazing! I cant believe you guys moved-Wow! Can't wait to see how life treats you there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not that far from me! If you come to Philly let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of your blog and especially LOVE seeing all the pics of your adventures this past year. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to see your cute fam (in pics) again! I'm glad we saw you all this summer before you moved. Hope you are adjusting well. I'm sure you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ang-So happy to see you update your blog:) Especially since you're far away and I don't get to see you every couple months. Those kids sure are changing fast! I hope the move has been treating you well. I miss ya! here's my blog address so you can check it out from time to time, although I've been behind on blogging lately as well. http://momonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Welcome back! Thank goodness for Google Reader- Or I would not have known that you were a blogger again! The pics are great... What a fun summer! We should do the same thing- experience all the stuff around here. Hope you are enjoying Conn... Good luck out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Your kids are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fun to see pics of your kiddos. I miss ya! Glad you're doing good though. My blog is private, so I'll send ya an invite if you don't have one =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a good catch up! I am glad you guys are alive and doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best Blog ever. Thank you for all the up dates now in picture and word. I can feel the joy in your life and it makes my heart sing. I love you and your dear loved family more than ever. Love Dad O. Miss you like crazy. Can Hardly Wait till Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved all the pics... please keep it updated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun to catch up on your cute family through your beautiful blog! Glad you love CT and that great adventures happen whereever you are. Love you! Will you be in town for the Ottley Christmas Party?

    ReplyDelete