Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Our Disney Commercial

Everyone that loves Disney loves the new Disney commercial campaign where they use actual home videos. Angela has been known to tear up watching them. We got a huge surprise about a month ago when a Disney marketing executive called us after seeing a YouTube video I posted of Anela dancing at DW.  This is what they saw.



Disney loved it and wanted to use it in an upcoming commercial. I offered up some other clips and they surprisingly ended up using them too!  In fact, they made a whole commercial of just us. Here's a sneak peak of our very own Disney commercial scheduled to air at the end of the month.


Ok, it's pretty obvious that Disney didn't make this and unfortunately no Disney exec has seen our video.  They should use some of our clips though because Anela and Bryson, clothed in Angela's awesome Disney creations, would sell mass tickets.  This video was so frustrating to make.  The sound was extremely tricky to get synced (especially using iMovie which has limited sound editing functions... I guess its time to upgrade to a real movie making program).  I stole sound bites from two real Disney commercials and then integrated them with just the instrumental, which by the way is not the exact music used in the commercials I stole sound bites from.  I got so frustrated with the sound that I spent little time on the actual clips so I just threw a bunch together in random order.  The end result is very amateurish but Angela cried when she first saw it ;)

2 comments:

  1. You're a good liar. I totally believed that they would use your cute family for their marketing :) Guess those marketers haven't seen your YouTube video yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell for it, too! They definitely SHOULD use your kiddos in their commercials. I love the part where Anela is dancing and that performer comes up and gives a high-5! Also, Angela is so talented and had them DECKED OUT in disney attire! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete